Alleynian Scholarship Programme
The scholarship application process for the 2021/2022 academic year is now open!
The Dulwich College (Singapore) Alleynian Scholarship Programme allows students to enjoy the benefits of a Dulwich education regardless of economic circumstance. We believe that a socially diverse student population is a key component of an international and balanced education. We are committed to providing financial assistance to students as a community benefit, and for Dulwich to access a more diverse range of students.
The Alleynian Scholarship Programme is both merit-based and means-tested. The award covers 100% of the College’s tuition fees for the duration of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme and begins in Year 12 and finishes in Year 13, when a student graduates. Students will be selected on promise and potential based on both academic and extra-curricular achievement. We encourage applications from students who will make positive contributions to the Dulwich community through service, action, and participation in school life.
Scholarships are intended for students who demonstrate a high level of academic ability and work ethic, and their suitability to the College, and the College will consider:
- Academic background
- Evidence of extra-curricular interests and activities
- Commitment to make a positive contribution to the Dulwich community through service, action, and participation in school life
- Commitment to qualities and behaviours consistent with the IB learner profile.
Scholarship Key Information - 2021/22 Academic Year
- Entry year: Academic year 2021/22 (Commencing August 2021)
- Age requirement: For students born between 01 September 2004 and 31 August 2005
- Total number of scholarships: 12
- Immigration status: Student must be in possession of a valid Singapore immigration pass (PR, DP, SP). Singapore citizens may be considered but will require MOE exemption. Please refer to the admissions policy for further information regarding Singapore citizen eligibility
- Application deadline: Friday 23 April 2021
- Scholarship Day: Wednesday 12 May 2021
Please download a copy of the Alleynian Scholarship Programme (IB Diploma) Guide – 2021/22 for full scholarship details and terms and conditions.
Eligibility for a scholarship will be based on the applicant’s annual gross household income (GHI). The GHI will include all sources of income e.g. salaries, dividend from shares, rental income. The GHI for the scholarship applicant must not exceed SGD$150,000 per year for the past three years from the date of application. Applicants will need to complete a Statement of Financial Circumstances as part of the application process and will be required to submit copies of parents’ (or guardians’) relevant proof of earnings (e.g. salary slips, bank statements and yearly tax records).
Application and Selection Process
To apply for a scholarship, students must submit an online scholarship application and submit all documentation in full for review by the scholarship committee. The applicant will be required to submit the following documentation as part of the initial application process:
- Scholarship application form
- School reports for past 4 years
- Predicted grades (if any)
- Evidence of extra curricula achievement and/or portfolio
- Personal statement (further information below)
- Letter of recommendation (current school/teacher) – optional
- Statement of financial circumstance
- Identity documents (passport copy, recent passport photo etc.)
- Any other documentation which may be necessary to evaluate the application
The personal statement (can be handwritten or typed) should, in no more than 500 words, include details such as:
- Academic/personal achievements
- Interests/hobbies/clubs; a self-evaluation of their strengths and weaknesses
- Why they want to be an IB Diploma Programme student at Dulwich College (Singapore) and what it would mean to them
- How/what they will contribute to Dulwich College (Singapore)
Upon receipt of the completed application the selection committee will review all information for an initial round of eligibility. Successful applicants at this stage will be invited to attend the College to sit a scholarship examination. The scholarship examination is a diagnostic assessment that is designed to help Dulwich College (Singapore) further understand the student’s academic potential.
Once the scholarship application deadline passes the selection committee will review all applications for eligibility and invite shortlisted candidates to attend a Scholarship Day. Our Scholarship Day includes a series of short interviews with members of the selection committee. This day is an opportunity for the applicant to meet new people, show us what motivates them, and highlight their passions as well as their future career goals.
Applicants will normally be advised of their eligibility for a scholarship within 7-10 working days after the Scholarship Day. Successful applicants will need to indicate their acceptance before the deadline and sign the Letter of Acceptance to finalise the scholarship acceptance process.
Frequently Asked Questions
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) is a 2-year educational programme primarily aimed at students aged 16-18. The Scholarship Programme aims to enable deserving students to benefit from our unique holistic education, regardless of financial means. Students will need to demonstrate existing academic and extra curricula excellence as well as meeting the financial requirements in order to be considered for a scholarship.
Please refer to the Alleynian Scholarship Programme (IB Diploma) Guide – 2021/22 for further information regarding financial requirements for eligibility.
- Applications will be considered based on academic and extra-curricula achievement.
- Our scholarships are means-tested, so if you apply, you must be willing to disclose and prove the full income and assets of the applicant’s parents.
- All shortlisted applicants must attend our Scholarship Day.
Our Scholarships Day includes a series of short interviews. This day is an opportunity to meet new people, show us what motivates you, and highlight your passions as well as your future career goals.
Our scholarship awards do not cover additional costs such as uniforms, books, trips.