Our Vision and Purpose
Our guiding statements provide Dulwich College (Singapore) with the compass in which to base our decision-making and to ensure we remain focused on our students and the broader Dulwich community. The Vision, Mission and Values underpin a range of policies and form the parameters of our annual College Development Plan.
Our guiding statements include not only our vision, mission & values but also include our commitment to internationalism and global citizenship.
Students Come First When:
- The College educates the whole child.
- The College provides a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- The College recognises that we gain knowledge and understanding of the world by questioning and actively solving problems.
- The College emphasises the beneﬁts and responsibilities of working collaboratively together.
- The College values awareness of the natural world and its resources.
- The College prepares children to live their lives honestly with a spirit of respect for themselves and others.
- The College understands that meaningful, lifelong learning involves taking risks.
- The College challenges each child to be the best that they can be and supports them in this.
Learning is effective when:
- It has a clear purpose
- It is adapted and applied
- It is personalised
- It is relational